Friday, 31 January 2014

Progress so far...

January is gone already and I'm one month into my training.  Thankfully the running is going better than the blog posts and I'm pretty pleased with where I'm up to so far.

I haven't been keeping a strict track of how many kms I've been doing each week; I've been more focusing on getting in 4 runs a week including a long run.

Here's how I've gone so far:
Week 1 - 3 runs - long run: 10km
Week 2 - 4 runs - long run: 18km
Week 3 - 1 run - long run 12km (race)
Week 4 -  3 runs - long run: 20km
Week 5 - 2 runs (so far; long run tomorrow)

My focus for Feb will be to make sure I'm getting in 4 runs a week and get over my 'mid-week lack of motivation slump' which manifests itself in falling asleep on the train home Wednesday afternoons...

I ran today with my friend Rhi which was great; she's done 3 marathons and it's always good to hear about real life experiences rather than just reading articles about it online.

I'm planning a long run tomorrow morning of 25km; it'll be my longest run ever but I'm feeling pretty good about it.  I ran 20km last weekend at 5:55 pace and that seemed fine so I'm hoping going an extra 5km doesn't break me.  Last weekend it wasn't so much the run that was challenging but the tiredness I've felt all through this week as I was recovering.  It's hard to remember about recovery at times, I'm so marathon focused that I assume the actual running is the hardest part but this week I felt exhausted and it was a real challenge to get myself to train.  Hopefully I'm able to bounce back well from tomorrow and really train well next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment