Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Week 1 summary

Weekly kms: 20

Ran 10km last Saturday and was pleased that I did it in under an hour.  After about 4km I felt tired and like I wanted to stop but I told my body to shut up and kept going.  Thankfully things improved after that and I made it back home feeling pretty good.  I felt a lot better than the last 10km I ran in October (geez - has it really been that long?!) and although the time was nothing flash I at least made it the whole way without walking.  It is a little scary though to think that my Long Run this week will be a short run in just a couple of months time.

On Sunday it was a short run - 1.6km but all uphill.  It was the hill section of a run I do in the coastal town where my family has a holiday house.  My sister is visiting from overseas and insisted I run the hill with her and I'm glad I did.  I'm going back down there in a few months time and (fingers crossed) running the hill will be a lot easier.

Week one finished with me running just over 20km.  A good start I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment